Sunday, January 5, 2014

Stephen Booth's Black Dog Is .99 for Kindle

It's not typical for me to make a post solely to tout a Kindle deal, but if I come across more that are this good, I won't be able to help myself.

Stephen Booth's Cooper & Fry series is one of my favorite British mystery series of the last ten years. Black Dog is the first of the series, released in 2001, and I knew when I first read it that I'd found something right up my twisted alley. Booth's mysteries are dense, dark, atmospheric, and smart, reminiscent of the works of Val McDermid or the better writing of Peter Robinson.

Click photo for additional information.


I'm not sure how long Black Dog will be bargain priced it, so nab it now, if you're intrigued.

Click to buy Stephen Booth's Black Dog for Kindle.





10 comments:

  1. Sadly, although I have two ebooks of my own out there, I find I haven't read many of the dozens I have on my ipad and kindle. Not sure why. Too old to change I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would take to them, but what did it for me was learning how easily I could highlight passages and make notes. It makes reviewing a snap, and I don't have to destroy the book. I still read physical books, of course, but the good deals on e-books make me read both.

      Delete
  2. I bought it. Now I have find time to read it. It'll have to get in line with the other books on my Kindle and iPad. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still not an e-reder, but I dare say I shan't be able to resist the tide of modernity for much longer ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hooked, and I thought I would be the last person in the world.

      Delete
  4. This novel does sound interesting, Kelly. I'll check it out even if the bargain offer isn't there. I have read many ebooks and I'm quite comfortable with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good series, if you like the dense, twisty, British variety.

      Delete