Monday, July 27, 2015

Reports of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

I know a bunch of fine folks who turn out all manner of books and short stories while still managing to blog on a regular schedule. You guys are heroes. Really. For me, though, making real progress on my book meant making it a priority, and I’ve intentionally neglected some things on the way. 

I'm as up to my neck in film research as Mary Pickford was in shirt collars.


The good news, though: there’s a good chance my book on lost films will be done by the end of this year. And here’s a bonus: I’m working on it pretty regularly without feeling like I’m being tortured to death, so I feel like I can now make room for some extra-curricular stuff (i.e. blogging) without everything falling apart.

I’m sure my four or five readers are thrilled.

To tide you over before I post some new reviews (I never stopped reading, or I probably would be dead), here are a couple of things you can check out:


  • A little piece of research I did for Today I Found Out on the origin and history of women popping out of cakes. It’s pretty much got everything: dwarves, strippers, murder, Tesla. I even managed to drop Lawrence Block into it. (Do you think he knows he’s part of cake-popping history?)

If you’re reading this, thanks for bearing with me. I’ve let my reading of blogs languish, too, and I’ll be playing catch-up like crazy. See you in the comments.

7 comments:

  1. I'd been wondering about you. You've taken a wise course of action. I should be so smart.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, glad to see you around and good luck on your book on lost films, which sounds like a really interesting subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, stranger! Glad your still around. Book is the priority. thanks for the links too. That is very interesting about the Lost festival. I've never hopped over and checked out your blog Film Dirt before. Great blog! Keep writing, we'll be here when your published!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are still with us Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the very best for your new project the book on lost films.. Hope it will a great success this year. If you want more book collections you can choose best dissertation writing service. They have so many books about lost films.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Post ! You can get love back and all astro course of action by help of vashikaran mantra. Top Indian Astrologer Service in London is more power astrology solution provider and control any person.

    Top Indian Astrologer Service London | Top Indian Astrologer Service London UK | Top Indian Astrologer Service in London UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just downloaded iStripper, and now I can watch the best virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete